Ever had an awesome idea for an APP but didn’t know how to build it?
Now there’s no excuse. We’re going to teach you how to build apps for iOS and Android. Forge a team, learn from us, submit your app to our challenge, and win prize money in this international competition.
Monday October 10th
6:30 – 8pm in NYU-Poly Private Dining room
- Find team mates
- Learn how to wire frame
- Learn competition details/dates
- Register for intensive APP class
- Food will be served
Intensive APP Class
Saturday October 13th
12 – 4pm at NYU-Poly Varick St. Incubator
- Learn how to build apps for iOS and Andriod
- Show case your idea
- Get guidance from group of developers
- Food will be served
Inaugural International APP.lify Challenge
NYU-Poly’s Incubator Initiatives and Entrepreneurship and Innovation Association (EIA), Czech Technical University the eClub and the Tomas Bata University, the Institute of Visual Art are inviting their students for the Summer Games competition. The motivation for competition is to bring students together from two different locations and different backgrounds in an attempt to foster collaboration between the groups. Since everyone will have different skills sets with a wide variety of interests including designers, programmers and economists we hope that by bridging the communication gap we will stimulate a community that will produce amazing new games. The games will be designed for mobile devices, phones or tablets and the topic of the games is open. The designs can be modified for the purpose of implementing the application on chosen platform. Some of the designs may be in Czech language but we believe the overall idea of the game will be understandable. Examples of some games can be found here: http://www.eclub.cvutmedialab.cz/games
Registration and the team building
- Register using the form found here http://bit.ly/Mt27HY or by clicking the Register now button
- Once approved for the challenged, you will be invited to the Basecamp (www.basecamp.com).
- In Basecamp you will be able to begin with a team or build a new team, work on your new idea or join other innovations while building a community of App builders.
To Register Please use the Official App Challenge NYU Poly App. Click Here
The game ownership
After evaluating the games all participants are free to offer the games on any marked upon an agreement between all team members.
Submission and reward announcement
Each team will be able to register one Apple or Android device to be used for the submission of the game. Only games submitted to the Apple App Store or the Google Play store will be considered as valid submissions for the competition. The game submission deadline is the November 26th, 2012. The winners will be announced by December 1, 2012 .
The winning team will be awarded permanent submission into the App Store or Google Play store, a $250 gift card and legal support for the creation of their new venture.
● Maximum number of team members is limited to four.
● The team members must be students of NYU-Poly, CTU or TBU
● We will NOT accept applications and teams already awarded prizes in other competitions, games submitted
prior to the start date of the competition or ideas that directly copy another app.
● Each application submitted to competition needs to be presented and documented on publicly accessible
pages along with the application for a download (if possible). Link to some of the markets is OK (Google Play, Apple App Store)
● The authors of the winning applications will retain their IP (authorship).
● The games must state at appropriate location that they have been developed as part of the NYU-Poly, CTY, and TBU competition 2012. The authors should be also listed.
Disclaimer - Apple Is Not Involved In Any Way With The NYU POLY App Challenge. Apple Is Not A Sponsor Nor Is It Involved With The NYU POLY App Challenge. The Challenge Does Not Offer Any Apple Products As The Challenge Prize.